All students and families have access to qualified therapeutic and family support staff. Our staff includes Psychologists, Art Psychotherapists; a Psychodynamic Counsellor; Social Worker; Family Support Workers; and Assistant Psychologists. They are qualified professionals able to provide a range of interventions at a number of levels, including:
- Direct work with young people
- Systemic interventions with families
- Advice and training
- Joint work with other agencies
As part of Stephenson MK Trust, we are in a unique position to promote well-being and good mental health. We believe it is important to create an environment that encourages well-being and resilience and we have developed a therapeutic provision as a key part of this.
A range of interventions at a family, school and individual level are available dependent on need.
We offer psychological therapies for individuals or groups (CBT, Arts Therapies and targeted interventions carried out by our Assistant Psychologist team) as the primary intervention for attachment/trauma and/or conduct issues, as they have a strong evidence base.
We also offer systemic family therapy which provides effective help at a family level for a range of difficulties. Family therapists are trained and experienced in mobilising the resources of families that have reached an impasse.
At Trust level
- We make use of Learning Mentors to support timetabled and targeted interventions in relation to social skills, emotional regulation and anxiety management.
- We enhance the PSHE curriculum to include emotional intelligence.
- We value staff training and professional development to ensure staff knowledge and skills are updated and supported.
- The therapeutic department offer supervision and advice for existing staff to discuss students.
- We operate a therapeutic on call service for students and staff across the week.
If you or your child need any support, or you would like to discuss anything linked to support for your child or family, then please contact Katrina Harris (Therapeutic Team Lead, ext. 1441) on 01908 889400, or Tyrone West (Interim Principal of MK Primary PRU) on 01908 646147.